Certificate III in Security Operations.
This qualification will create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas of security. This course is recommended for those currently working in or aspiring to work in the security industry.
FAST FACTS – ‘75.3% of those completing training were employed or in further studies’.*
Helping Your to Obtain a Level III Certificate in Security Operations
At Westbourne College, we are proud to say that out of the hundreds of students that undertake our Certificate III in Security Operations course, 75.3% of them have gone on to find full time employment, or have pursued further education with us. The security sector has never been bigger and with companies dedicating thousands of dollars to these types of specialists; you could be reaping the rewards of a new career sooner than you thought.
What does this training course consist of?
Our level III certificate is a great way for beginners to enter the field of security, but it’s also ideal for those that have experience to enhance their knowledge and maximise their expertise. The program doesn’t have any formal criteria, nor does it require a candidate to possess lower level certificates in order to enrol.
How long should you set aside to study and complete this course?
In our opinion and based on our research, the majority of our students have been able to complete this course in around twelve months. Some have completed it quicker, especially when studying full time – but others have found that extending the duration to two years instead has been more beneficial.
Fortunately for you, our curriculum and tutors can cater to a range of requirements, so whether you are working full-time, unemployed, or a dedicated student, we’re sure that you’ll find settling into and managing this course to be especially easy to do.
What types of career prospects are available to people with this certificate?
If you’re wondering what you might be able to go on to do once you’ve received your level III certificate, then we have no doubt that you will be pleasantly surprised. Some popular paths include:
• Working as a Security Guard
• Supervising Security Projects
• Becoming a Security Team Leader
Are there any assessments associated with this course?
There are several methods of assessment that can be used within this course – all of which can be picked and chosen between by your tutor, allowing for more flexibility while you study. These assessments can take place at any point in your course and will be used to gauge your level of understanding; and therefore allow the option to seek more support if you happen to fall behind. They include written exams (which can be submitted online), as well as case studies and other types of informal assessment to evaluate your expertise and the progress of your skills.
How can this course be undertaken?
This course is online in nature and can be studied by anyone with access to the internet. The resources can be downloaded from our website and further information will usually be provided by your tutor if necessary.
Where can a Level III Certificate in Security Operations take you?
When it comes to providing security services in a professional environment, most practitioners will boast level I and level II qualifications, with the latter being more highly sought-after. What you will achieve at the end of this course is a level III certificate however, making people with your skills even more sought-after and opening up a range of possible career choices for you to take advantage of.
Once you’ve been formally qualified and certified, you will be able to apply for top positions within companies and security agencies that require the types of services that you will soon be able to offer.
Why choose us for your professional security education?
Not only are we one of Australia’s best online colleges according to our students; we are also one of the most affordable. We understand that the security sector can be incredibly competitive and that’s why instead of offering basic education, we’ve developed a curriculum to help you to achieve the most highly sought-after alternative.
We do everything that we can to ensure that your studies are as straight forward and easy to manage as possible and our advisors are always on hand to offer help and support; as well as your tutor.
Every year, hundreds of people sign up to our courses and this has led to us opening enrolment periods for our students three times a year. This can make it easy for you to pick a course and make the necessary plans to prepare for it.
If you would like to learn more about our Security Operations Certificate, or for any further information relating to our other courses, why not get in touch with our friendly advisors right now? We can help you to enrol and prepare for your course and once your studies are underway, you’ll be able to enjoy the world-class experience that we are proud to offer to our students – all from the comfort of your own home (or workplace – whichever you’d prefer).
About this qualification
This qualification will create the opportunity for employment in specialist areas of security
Assessment methods may include:
- Projects / Research
- Written Assignments & Case Studies
Delivery & Duration
- 6 – 12 months or three weeks intensive
- Blended mode learning or On-line
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to undertake jobs roles such as:
- Security Team Leader
- Security Guards
- Security Supervisors
Type of study
Classroom-Blended, Blended, Workplace or On-line. It is required for licensing in Western Australia that you must complete the course on a face to face basis consisting of a minimum 113 hours
After achieving the CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations, candidates may undertake a range of other Diploma qualifications.
What you will learn
You will gain critical skills required in developing and carrying out general security operations.
One of Australia’s leading training providers
Westbourne is one of Australia’s leading training providers for individuals, businesses, community groups and Government with a record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised training qualifications.
Fees & Payment options
- Option one –initial $250 administration fee and less than $3 a day up to 10 months – total payable $1,100*.
- Option two – Pay up front and receive a 10% discount – total charge $1,000
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Applicant will be required to successfully complete an ACSF language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment.
- Learning (ACSF Level 3), reading (ACSF Level 3), writing (ACSF Level 3), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 2) are desirable to participate in the course.
Units of competency
The CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations requires 14 units of competency:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CPPSEC3001 Maintain workplace safety in the security industry
- CPPSEC3002 Manage conflict through negotiation
- CPPSEC3003 Determine response to security risk situation
- CPPSEC3005 Prepare and present security documentation and reports
- CPPSEC3006 Coordinate a quality security service to customers
- CPPSEC3007 Maintain security of environment
- CPPSEC2011 Control access to and exit from premises
- CPPSEC2012 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
- CPPSEC3004 Lead small teams in security industry
- CPPSEC3017 Plan and conduct evacuation of premises
- CPPSEC3018 Provide for the safety of persons at risk
- CPPSEC3051 Implement cash-in-transit procedures
* Statistics sourced from the National Centre for Vocational Research.